Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Well I haven't blogged in a while, and for a good reason..



..I've had nothing to talk about! I didn't end up going to Jurassic 5 last thursday because tickets were practically sold out and a whopping $37. So I decided against it. So really i have no new music news to report on..
I did however pick up two cds when i went home last weekend. I got Hot Chip 'The Warning' which I was really overdue to buy. It's a really great one. And it is also feeding my growing love for electronica. I also got English Beat 'What Is Beat?'. They're an amazing ska band, one of the well known godfathers of the genre. Surprisingly, I saw them at Call The Office last October on a very small scale tour. God knows why they came to Canada, or better yet, why they came to London (ON) but I was thrilled. It was one hell of a ska show, and one I'm betting I won't ever be able to see again so I'm pretty lucky. I've always had a tough time finding an English Beat cd anywhere, so you can imagine my surprise when I found one in a used cd store under the miscalaneous "E" section. The store clerk was shocked too. Well, he was shocked because be though it was a 'The Beat' cd instead of 'The English Beat'. He had never heard of the English Beat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home